Effective date: May 15, 2020.
Please read this policy carefully!
What Information Do We Collect?
Depending on how you interact with our Services, we may need to collect information about you that may be considered Personal Data or Personally Identifiable Information (“Data”). The Data we collect from our clients, users, and other parties, may include:
- Communication Data: Data sent to us when someone contacts us including via website contact forms, phone calls, email, social media messaging, or social media posts.
- Customer Data: Data related to purchases and contracts created with Tadpull including name, title, billing and/or shipping address, email address, phone number, other contact information, purchase details, and financial information.
- User and Technical Data: Website User data including cookies and website analytics, IP address, Account data, and device information.
- Marketing Data: Contact information and user preferences related to marketing and communications from Tadpull.
- Third Party Data: Tadpull Clients may provide us with contact information of third parties, including customers, for us to execute our contractual obligations when performing ecommerce data analysis services. Also, Tadpull may receive data from third party vendors or service providers such as Google, Facebook, etc., related to sales, marketing, and/or advertising.
What Do We Do With The Data?
Tadpull uses the Data it collects for the following activities:
- Respond to and initiate business related and marketing communications;
- Execute contractual relationships and business supporting activities;
- Provide the services offered through Tadpull; and
- Improve User’s experiences on our website and all related platforms.
What Rights Do You Have?
You must provide your current address, full name, and date of birth with your data rights request. We may also need to ask for further information to properly identify you and process your request. We will use the data provided in your request exclusively for comparison with our records to verify the validity of the request and to help us comply with it.
- Right to Access and Correction: You may request that We confirm to You whether We are processing Your Personal Data and what Data We are processing. If Your information is incorrect or incomplete, You may request that Your information be corrected or completed. If We have shared Your information with third parties, We will inform them of the correction, to the extent required by law.
- Right to Erasure: If the legal requirements exist, You can request immediate deletion of Your Personal Data from us. This is especially the case when:
- Your Personal Data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
- The legal basis for the processing was Your consent only and You have revoked it;
- You have objected to processing for promotional purposes;
- You have objected to processing based on the legal basis balance of interests for personal reasons and We cannot prove that there are legitimate reasons for processing;
- Your Personal Data has been processed unlawfully; or
- Your Personal Data must be deleted in order to comply with legal requirements.
If We have forwarded Your data to third parties, We will inform them about the deletion, insofar as required by law. Please note that Your erasure right is subject to restrictions. For example, We may not or must not delete data that We still need to retain due to legal retention requirements. Also, data that We need in order to assert, exercise or defend Our legal rights is excluded from Your cancellation right.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request to Tadpull to disclose or delete your Personal Data. To do so, you must provide us with proof that the individual or business has been appointed as your agent, such by providing a signed power of attorney form, and provide accurate responses to any information requested by Tadpull that may be necessary to confirm that you are a User of our Website, such as your phone number, username, email address, city, state, or geographic location. California residents have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Tadpull for their exercise of these rights conferred under California law.
Right to Object to Processing: If the legal requirements are met, You can request a limitation of Data processing from us. Relevant circumstances include when:
- You dispute the accuracy of your Personal Data that we have (We must have the opportunity to verify this);
- The processing is not lawful and You require a restriction of use instead of erasure (see the previous section);
- We no longer need Your information for the purposes of processing, but You need it to assert, exercise or defend Your rights;
- You have raised an objection for personal reasons, we can halt processing until your objection has been evaluated.
If You can show a valid right to restrict processing, We mark the Data in question to ensure that it is processed only within the limits that apply to such restriction (for example, to defend legal claims or within the parameters of Your consent).
Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data you have given to us for fulfillment of the contract or on the basis of consent in a transferable format. In this case, You can also request that We transmit this data directly to a third party, insofar as this is technically feasible.
Right to Revoke Your Consent: If You have given us consent to the processing of Your data, You can withdraw it at any time for future processing. The lawfulness of the processing of Your data prior to revocation remains unaffected.
Right to Object to Direct Marketing: You can also object at any time to the processing of Your Personal Data for advertising purposes. Please note that there may be an overlap between Your revocation and the use of Your data as part of an ongoing campaign.
Right to Object for Personal Reasons: You have the right, for reasons that arise from Your particular situation, to object to Our processing of Your Data to the extent that the processing is based on a legitimate interest basis. We will then stop processing Your data, unless We can, in accordance with legal requirements, prove compelling legitimate reasons for further processing that outweigh Your rights.
European Union Right of Appeal to a Supervisory Authority: European Union residents have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority. In particular, EU residents can contact the data protection authority, which is responsible for their place of residence or state, or who is responsible for the place where the violation of data protection law has taken place.
Tadpull has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
Further, consistent with our Privacy Shield obligations, we must inform you that Tadpull is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Under certain circumstances, you may invoke binding arbitration to resolve privacy-related disputes. Our organization may disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. And Tadpull may be held liable in cases of onward transfers of personal information to third parties.
Analytics, Advertising, and Digital Tools
We use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us provide you with high quality Services. While we do not control how Google Analytics functions, you can learn more about how data is collected and processed by the Google Analytics service here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Tadpull and our third-party vendors or partners use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and content available through our Services, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
In addition to Google Analytics, we may use other third party data collection and advertising platforms and services that help us make informed decisions about our website’s layouts, content, offerings, and advertising. These include, but are not limited to:
- All Google advertising and analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Ads, Google Ad Manager, Google Marketing Platform, Google Tag Manager, etc.). These are used to collect data about user behavior on the site and to market to users through paid search and display campaigns. You can explore your options to opt out of Google advertising by clicking on the following links: www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/#infochoices.
- Facebook and its advertising and social media platforms. You can learn more about Facebook’s privacy policies and remarketing by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/about/basics/advertising.
- LinkedIn and its advertising and social media platforms. You can learn more about LinkedIn’s privacy policies and remarketing by clicking here:
- Third party social media management platforms such as Buffer. You can learn more Buffer and its policies here: https://buffer.com/privacy.
Note: You can learn about generally opting out of a variety of online advertising services by visiting the following websites:
Do We Share Data?
We do not disclose your Data to third parties, except as follows:
- To companies that provide services to us or perform functions on our behalf (such as processing credit card payments or taking orders) and have agreed to use your information only for the purposes we request;
- For us to send offers to our customers on behalf of our affiliated companies and on behalf of other non-affiliated partners;
- To other selected reputable companies, we may disclose your name and postal address (but not your email address or credit card information) so that they can mail you information that may interest you;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law, legal process, and/or governmental authorities;
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, partial or total sale of assets, or other corporate change.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may be able to set your browser to reject and/or delete cookies. For instructions, check your browser’s technical information. However, if you reject or delete cookies you may disable or interfere with features of Tadpull’s Services and third party services offered through Tadpull.com or other websites you visit. We recommend that you leave cookies “turned on” so we can offer you a better experience on our sites.
We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about your online activities across sites over time in order to deliver more relevant advertising when you are using Tadpull and related services and elsewhere on the Internet. This practice is known as interest-based advertising.
You may visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#/ or http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ to learn more and to opt out of this type of advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulatory program. We do not operate or control these sites, and are not responsible for the opt out choices available there. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. If you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt out choice.
Mobile Site Access and Location Based Services
When you access our website or services using your mobile device, we may receive certain information related to your location and your mobile device. This information allows us to provide you with location based services, better search results, and other personalized content. You can always opt out of or modify your mobile device’s location services in the settings menu. If you are unsure about how to change or disable your device’s location services, please contact your mobile service carrier or device manufacturer.
Minors Under 16
The online experience, services, and products offered through Tadpull.com are not intended for the use of individuals under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information online from individuals under the age of 16.
Minors Over 16
Minors between the ages of 16 and 18 need parental consent to make authorized, legal purchase from Tadpull.com or use any of our services. We are not liable if this privilege is abused and we request that parents monitor their children when accessing our website, products, and services.
Links to Third Parties and Social Media
Our website may contain links to third party websites and platforms. Such third parties have their own policies that govern their collection, use, and disclosure of information. We suggest that you read their privacy policies to learn about their practices.
Tadpull is not responsible for the data collection and processing activities of any third parties and cannot control or influence the security measures taken by third parties.
Keeping Data Safe
Tadpull restricts Data access to Tadpull employees, contract workers, and agents who need such information in order to provide, develop or improve the Services. These individuals are subject to confidentiality obligations and may be subject to disciplinary action, including dismissal and prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If you feel that your Data isn’t safe or that we are not otherwise abiding by our own policies, please contact us immediately (contact information below).
Note that if you do communicate with our representatives via email or social media, these communications may not be encrypted or otherwise protected. For that reason, we ask
15 S. Tracy Ave, Ste 12
Bozeman, MT 59715
Phone: (406) 539-8821